What type of treatments have improved the Cellulite’s appearance?
- The most popular therapy is based on manual and mechanical stimulation: suction massage without or with skin rolling (manual lymphatic massage).
- Others stimulate using electromagnetic radiation (Infrared Sauna Treatment).
- Liposuction and smart lipo by definition cannot reduce cellulite as they remove fat found in deeper layers of the body. Cellulite fat is incorporated into the skin and nobody wants to remove their skin to get rid of cellulite.
Are they effective?
- Treatments are effective especially when combined with adjusting one’s diet and exercise.
- Research shows that 80% of women with cellulite need around 12 sessions of an effective treatment to be satisfied with the results. This estimation takes into account that most will follow a decent but not perfect diet and exercise regime between sessions. More effort with diet and exercise will require less treatments. Total indifference in terms of lifestyle change will require many more treatments or may never offer the desired results.
- On the other hand, diet and exercise are not enough either, in 80% of the cases.
- Furthermore, choosing the wrong treatment may mean that you will never get any decent results.
- In addition, even if everything is perfect, i.e. treatment, diet and exercise, time is also needed: the body cannot change overnight! Because of this, women are advised to stay away from “radical” lunchtime treatments that promise to cure cellulite in 1-3 sessions and without diet and exercise. Such a miracle, liposuction-type treatment simply does not exist today.
- The effectiveness of any treatment also depends on the skill, education, empathy, and motivation skills of the therapist.
- Finally, not all women have the same type of cellulite: some suffer from more fluid retention, others have loose skin, while others have extreme adiposity in their cellulite. Inflammation and connective tissue damage further complicate the picture. Therefore, there is not any single treatment that suits all women; a tailor-suited approach produces the best results.